Jeremiah Miller, MD is the founder of Augusta West Dermatology and is dedicated to providing the highest level of dermatologic care in an office environment that is convenient and accessible. Dr. Miller had the privilege of being trained by national and international experts while at the University of California, San Diego and treats both children and adults.
Dr. Miller and his staff appreciate the privilege of serving Augusta, Evans, Martinez, North Augusta, Aiken and beyond.
Jeremiah Miller, MD, FAAD, is a native of Augusta, GA. After his freshman year at Wheaton College, he transferred to the University of Georgia where he graduated Cum Laude from the Honors Program. He earned his MD at the Medical College of Georgia and completed his internship in Chattanooga, TN. As a dermatology resident at the University of California, San Diego, he was trained and mentored by some of the premier dermatologists in the world. He was selected by his faculty and peers to be Chief Resident during his final year of residency.
Dr. Miller has published papers in numerous dermatology journals including the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and the British Journal of Dermatology and has presented research at the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
He has a special interest in procedures that improve the appearance of scars. His training included a laser preceptorship focused on scars through the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery. In addition, he spent several months training with dermatologists at Naval Medical Center San Diego assisting in scar revision for veterans suffering from burn scars.
Board Certification – American Board of Dermatology, 2014
Residency in Dermatology – University of California, San Diego
Internship – University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
Medical School – Medical College of Georgia 2008
Undergraduate Education – BA, English, University of Georgia 2004
Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
- Coda AB, Hata T, Miller J, Audish D, Kotol P, Two A, Shafiq F, Yamasaki K, Harper JC, Del Rosso JQ, Gallo RL. Cathelicidin, kallikrein 5, and serine protease activity is inhibited during treatment of rosacea with azelaic acid 15% gel. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Oct;69(4):570-7. Link to article
- Hata TR, Afshar M, Miller J, Two AM, Kotol P, Jackson M, Alexandrescu DT, Kabigting F, Gerber M, Lai Y, Gallo RL. Etanercept decreases the innate immune wounding response in psoriasis. Exp Dermatol. 2013 Sep;22(9):599-601.
- Hata T, Audish D, Kotol P, Kabigting F, Coda A, Miller J, Alexandrescu D, Boguniewicz M, Taylor P, Aertker L, Kesler K, Hanifin J, Leung D, Gallo R, “A randomized controlled double blind investigation of the effects of Vitamin D dietary supplementation in subjects with atopic dermatitis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2013 May 3.
- Afshar M, Kotol P, Miller J, Gallo R, Hata T. “The effect of pimecrolimus on innate immunity in atopic dermatitis subjects: a double-blind, randomized, vehicle-controlled study.” Br J Dermatol. 2013 Feb;168(2):426-8
- Jacob S, Miller J, Herro E. “Atopic Dermatitis- A Historical Review.” Supplement to Skin and Aging. 2011 Jan; 3-10.
- Hata et al, “History of Eczema Herpeticum is associated with the inability to induce HBD-2, HBD-3 and cathelicidin in the skin of patients with atopic dermatitis,” Br J Dermatol. 2010 Sep; 163 (3):659-61
- Wharton J, Roffwarg D, Miller J, Sheehan DJ. “Cutaneous marginal zone lymphoma arising in the setting of erythema ab igne.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Jun;62(6):1080-1.
- Miller J, Yentzer BA, Clark A, Jorizzo JL, Feldman SR.
“Pyoderma Gangrenosum: a Review and Update on New Therapies.” J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Apr;62(4):646-54.
- Miller J, Gallo R. “Vitamin D and Innate Immunity” Dermatol Ther. 2010 Jan;23(1):13-22.
- Ferris DG, Waller JL, Miller J, Patel P, Jackson L, Price GA, Wilson C. “Correlates of HPV Vaccine Acceptance by Men.” Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. 2009 Jan-Feb;22(1):34-42
- Ferris DG, Waller JL, Miller J, Patel P, Jackson L, Price GA, Wilson C. “Men’s Attitudes Toward Receiving the HPV Vaccine.” Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease. 2008 Oct; 12(4).
- “Intravascular Histiocytosis” Aug 26, 2012. Pacific Dermatology Association, Huntington Beach, CA.
- “Effects of Etanercept on LL-37 and TLR9 expression in Psoriasis.” Society of Investigative Dermatology Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, May 6, 2011
- “Vitamin D Background and Significance” University of California San Diego Dermatology Grand Rounds. Dec. 10, 2009